Welcome! Tally ho!

Our B.V.I. Adventure is designed to give our family, friends and any other interested followers a look into the life of two expatriates making their way on the island of Tortola. Tortola is the largest island in the British Virgin Islands.

So, why did we move 2,000 miles away from our home in Knoxville, Tennessee? Michael accepted a position as the director of retail and international sales for a Caribbean clothing brand.

Cheers!

Adventurers

Posts Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

living in the British virgin islands
Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 53: Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

Our first care package arrived from the states this week! 

After Christmas we had mailed a few online purchases to my parents' house.  Of course they threw in a few extras!  Are you surprised there isn't a MAC make-up store on the island?  I was in sore need of my "currant" lip pencil!
While People magazine is available on the island, it can cost as much as $10.50 in the grocery store.  Thanks Mom!  Thanks Dad!  Michael is loving all of his new pairs of pants! 

Moving forward, we have a new strategy to save on shipping costs.  We are sending goods to our friends in advance of their trips to the BVI!  So be warned.  If you're coming down this way, expect a few boxes to be delivered on your door step c/o Amelia and Michael Daniels! 

It's either this or the Island Department Store...and I don't think y'all want me to have to endure that again.  Ha!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I love it! I was already planning to tell you that if you had a shopping itch to just have it sent my way and I would bring it down for you...great minds think alike!