Welcome! Tally ho!

Our B.V.I. Adventure is designed to give our family, friends and any other interested followers a look into the life of two expatriates making their way on the island of Tortola. Tortola is the largest island in the British Virgin Islands.

So, why did we move 2,000 miles away from our home in Knoxville, Tennessee? Michael accepted a position as the director of retail and international sales for a Caribbean clothing brand.

Cheers!

Adventurers

Posts Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

living in the British virgin islands
Monday, December 13, 2010

Da Tree Men Originals

At a recent Da Tree Men gig, the band perfomed some of their original songs.

The first one is a new song, one that Our BVI Adventure readers haven't heard before.  It's called "Virgin Gorda" and Adam wrote it for children.  But as an adult, I love it too!



Here are the lyrics...

If I was a tree on Virgin Gorda,
Standing tall for everyone to see.
I'd provide the shade
While you drank lemonade.
If I were a tree on Virgin Gorda.


If I was a fish on Virgin Gorda,
swimming in the Baths next to you.
I'd swim right up to you,
And we'd play peek-a-boo.
If I were a fish on Virgin Gorda.


If I was a frog on Virgin Gorda,
Peepin' all the time just for you.
I'd hop right on your face,
Just to liven up the place
If I was a frog on Virgin Gorda.


If I was a bird on Virgin Gorda,
Flying high and lookin' out for you
I'd fly right over you;
And I swear I wouldn't poo...
If I was a bird on Virgin Gorda.


You know I'd fly...
High to Leverick Bay.
Relying on the wind as it changed,
Looking out for you along the way...

Funny and sweet - the perfect combination for a children's song, don't you think? 

The band also performed Bushwhacker which is Da Tree Men's first single.  If you've never had one, the bushwhacker is a popular frozen concoction that tastes something resembling an iced coffee, with rum of course.  As you listen, the song really isn't about the drink itself, but rather "Tortola's favorite girl" who enjoys them all too often!

0 comments: