Welcome! Tally ho!

Our B.V.I. Adventure is designed to give our family, friends and any other interested followers a look into the life of two expatriates making their way on the island of Tortola. Tortola is the largest island in the British Virgin Islands.

So, why did we move 2,000 miles away from our home in Knoxville, Tennessee? Michael accepted a position as the director of retail and international sales for a Caribbean clothing brand.

Cheers!

Adventurers

Posts Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

living in the British virgin islands
Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 1: We're here!

With four bags of luggage, a 32'' flat screen TV, a guitar and mandolin, Michael and I made our way from Knoxville to Chicago, then San Juan and finally to the British Virgin Islands.  We arrived in the B.V.I.  around 6 o'clock in the evening.  It was surreal as we landed on Beef Island recognizing that we were not like the couples around us who were honeymooning here for a week or two.  This was our new home, at least for the next year.



Pusser's  (above photo: West End location) helped Michael find a villa a few weeks ago.  It has the most amazing view of the Sir Francis Drake Channel.  I'll have to snap a few photos.  The wrap around screened in porch allows for the trade winds to sweep through the house, so much so that paperweights are a must!

Our 1,300 lbs of belongings are still in Customs.  I can't wait to get my hands on some of the items I brought to adorn the walls around here.  This place most definitely needs a woman's touch.  There will be three women here before too long.  



My mom and sister, Whitney are coming on Sunday, along with my dad.  A Caribbean Christmas it will be!