Welcome! Tally ho!

Our B.V.I. Adventure is designed to give our family, friends and any other interested followers a look into the life of two expatriates making their way on the island of Tortola. Tortola is the largest island in the British Virgin Islands.

So, why did we move 2,000 miles away from our home in Knoxville, Tennessee? Michael accepted a position as the director of retail and international sales for a Caribbean clothing brand.

Cheers!

Adventurers

Posts Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

living in the British virgin islands
Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 266: Back on Island!


For the past 10 days, I've been "off island." I traveled to Florida to visit my parents and spend time with friends there.  What a vacation it was!  No weddings, parties or showers to attend.  The reason for the visit was just that - to visit!

It was hard to be away from Michael and Milly for that long, but at the same time it was nice to enjoy the comforts of home: air conditioning, mom's cooking, shopping at Target,  IKEA, and the like!

But now, I'm back!  Here are a few photos from the plane ride home...


It was a sunset flight.  I just loved looking at the clouds over Tortola.


Here's one of the final descent to Beef Island...notice that is water just before (and beyond) the runway!  It was such a smooth landing!  And all in all, a great day of flying.


Now, let's just hope that Tropical Storm Earl misses the BVI...not exactly the welcome home present I was expecting!  Ha!

2 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Very good.

HH International said...

Hello,

My name is Kristen and I work on a popular American TV show about people who have recently relocated abroad. For our upcoming season, we are hoping to find people who have relocated to BVI. In my research, I came across your blog and am reaching out to you in hopes you might be able to help me find participants for our show.

House Hunters International tells the story of an individual, couple or family who has bought property outside of their native country. Being on our show is a lot of fun for our participants and a great way for them to document their exciting search for a home and new life abroad. It's also a very positive show which offers a wonderful opportunity to inform our viewers about interesting countries and cultures worldwide.

We’re currently looking to cast people who have recently relocated and have bought or are currently looking for a home abroad. If you fit this qualification or know anyone who does, I would love to tell you more about the project. You can contact me at househunterscasting@leopardfilms.com.

Thank you in advance for your help.